Deidre & JG are exploring what is going on in Washington DC and what we can learn from it.
Deidre and JG were so excited to speak with Jerry Acuff on this week’s episode of GutwiZdom. Jerry, the Founder & CEO of Delta Point, is a leadership and relationship expert. The crew chat about some of the problems currently going on with the leadership team resignations in the White House and discuss some wiZdoms on what a leader can do in their organization to avoid this turnover turmoil.
You can find out more about Jerry at www.jerryacuff.com and listen to the episode here for some funny stories and loads of WiZdom!
WIZDOMS FOR LEADERSHIP
- Build relationships with your team. Relationship building is a process. Ask questions so you can learn something about the other person, and remember, it’s not about you, it’s about them.
- Hire the right people. The people you hire for your organization should fill in the gaps on your teams. They shouldn’t just be a person you think you could have a beer with.
- Self-awareness is key. Leaders must be good listeners and practice empathy to connect with the people around them.
- Check your ego at the door. It’s important for a leader to be able to admit when they’re wrong, own their mistakes, apologize, and accept responsibility for their actions.
- Find your go-to person to be your mentor. We all need someone that we like, trust, and respect to learn from. Find this person and listen to their advice.
- Leadership is not a title, it is a set of behaviors. You have to want to be better. The starting point of all achievement is desire.
LISTENERS: HOW WELL DOES THE LEADER IN YOUR ORGANIZATION BUILD RELATIONSHIPS? Send us your answer. Either leave us a voicemail at 1-646-653-9278 or send us an email. We may talk about it - or we may even talk with YOU - on the air!