Shep Hyken joins Deidre and JG to discuss how to make ordinary moments extraordinary
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
“Customer service is not a department, it’s a philosophy” – Shep Hyken
Shep Hyken is a keynote speaker, bestselling author, and a customer service expert. On this week’s show, Shep sheds some light on “moments of magic” vs “moments of misery” and leaving people with amazing experiences.
Take a listen to hear how being a children’s magician can turn into a customer service career!
WiZdoms for Making Ordinary Experiences Extraordinary
- Go above and beyond what’s expected
- Remember everything is built on relationships, not transactions
- Everyone has the ability to make a difference in someone else’s life
- Creating value doesn’t cost any money
- Put yourself in someone else’s shoes (show empathy)
- Deliver what you promise
- Be responsive, follow up, and acknowledge people
- Have patience
- Treat people how they want to be treated
For more information on Shep Hyken and his books discussed on this episode, visit www.Hyken.com
Do you have a story about an amazing or terrible customer service experience? Let us know by leaving us a voicemail at 1-646-653-9278 or sending us a message here.
Learn how we help job seekers, employers, and employees by visiting My Success Platform and PEAR Core Solutions.